As Dr. Samuel’s patient under direct primary care, you have the following benefits:
- Experience – Dr. Samuel is a broadly trained, Board Certified family physician. He has provided high-quality medical care to residents of North Idaho for almost 20 years.
- Affordable Prices – Our prices are transparent and designed to be affordable based on age, not on prior medical history. One fee covers all services, and there are no copays or hidden charges.
- Accessibility – Dr. Samuel can be contacted directly via phone, text or email and provides medical services for after hours and weekend urgent care matters that cannot wait.
- Comprehensive Care – Dr. Samuel provides all care for both routine and urgent matters. Offices that employ numerous providers cannot offer this superior level of care, as the “fill in” provider, who is oftentimes a nurse practitioner or physician assistant, frequently does not know the patient’s medical history as well as the patient’s own primary care provider.
- Discounted Lab Services – Our patients reap the benefits of our quality and affordable lab services through PAML. We are contracted with PAML to provide our patients with diagnostic services at a significantly discounted rate to help maintain their healthy lifestyles.
- Visiting Flexibility – Dr. Samuel makes home and work place visits as well as assisted living/nursing home rounds within Kootenai County under special circumstances.
- Wellness & Preventative Care – Wellness visits to maintain health are easier to justify as the membership fee covers these type of services. Dr. Samuel has a special interest in preventative care, which has been shown in multiple studies to dramatically extend the life of patients who practice wellness strategies.
- Supportive Counseling Included – All patients enrolled in Direct Primary Care will have access to professional counseling services provided by Donna Samuel L.M.S.W. for concerns including (but not limited to) anxiety, depression, bereavement, couples counseling, and boundary counseling. Donna also routinely provides social advocacy services for veterans, social security disability applicants, those seeking end of life document preparation, elders in need of palliative care counseling, and more. All sessions offer discreet and empathetic support, and are completely confidential. Please contact our office for further details.
- Timely Service – For patient convenience, appointments within 24 hours are always available. Visits are never rushed, giving you adequate time to relate all of your medical concerns and have them addressed.
- “Family” Focus – Our office staff is professional, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Because our practice is small, you will always talk to someone you know. No large, impersonal, production-based office here! Our small size allows us to bring the “family” back into family practice.
Dr. Samuel provides a wide range of services, which include, but are not limited to:
- Office visits
- In-office labs (e.g. strep tests, urinalysis, pregnancy tests, blood sugar tests, stool test for blood)
- Comprehensive adult physical examinations (one (1) per year)
- Well child examinations
- D.O.T. physicals
- Freezing of warts and other skin lesions
- Adult tetanus and flu vaccinations
- Simple laceration repair
- Simple fracture splinting/casting
- Antibiotic injection
- Exercise treadmill tests
- Skin biopsy and lesion removal
- Uterine sampling
- Thrombosed hemorrhoid removal
- Joint/muscle injections
- Simple abscess and cyst drainage
- Ear wax removal
- Nebulizer treatments for acute asthma
- TB testing
- Removal of superficial foreign body
- Ingrown nail removal
- Cortisone allergy shots
- Other primary care services customarily provided by family physicians.
What’s Not Included
The following is a list of the services that are not included under our direct primary care model:
- Services provided by other practitioners, such as a sub-specialist to whom the patient is referred.
- Outpatient medication purchased at a pharmacy or through our office as well as supplies we cannot provide in the course of treatment during a patient visit.
- Hospital care, including inpatient admission, rounds, and discharge.
- Imaging studies (i.e. x-rays, CT scans, MRIs, ultrasounds, etc.)
- Lab studies done outside the office.
- Any services rendered by other facilities or by another provider, in the rare event that Dr. Samuel is unavailable.
- Newborn circumcisions.
- Certain ancillary services (such as home health or Hospice orders for Medicare patients), as these may be limited by the patient’s insurance policy.
Now, with all that said, it is important to understand that Dr. Samuel has a number of strategies in place designed to help patients save money when he cannot provide a particular service in-house (such as lab work or imaging services). He and his staff are also skilled at obtaining name-brand prescriptions free of charge for those patients who need a certain medication and who financially qualify.
Ready to learn more? Visit our pricing page to discover how affordable direct primary care can be for you and your family.
Ready to get started? Contact us to schedule your free, no obligation appointment.