Services provided at North Idaho Direct Primary Care typically cover between 85 to 90% of what most people will need medically. It is recommended, however, that patients pair our primary and urgent care services with a high-deductible “catastrophic” medical insurance policy or with a health care sharing ministry product. These vehicles “wrap around” and complement our outpatient direct care services nicely, helping cover high expense items such as hospitalization, surgery, imaging and emergency room visits.
Below we have listed some options for commercial insurance companies and health sharing ministries that service the North Idaho region. Please be aware that this list is neither exhaustive, nor are we affiliated with or endorsed by any of these groups. It is vital to conduct thorough research to find the best option for you and your family.
Commercial Insurance – These are traditional insurance policies that can be purchased either through the insurance marketplace at Your Health Idaho, or on each company’s respective website. These plans may contain savings if you are eligible for an Advanced Tax Credit through the Affordable Healthcare Act. Be advised that some commercial insurance plans restrict coverage to certain regional areas and healthcare providers. Be sure to check the policy restrictions before you purchase your plan.
- Blue Cross of Idaho – (800) 627-1188 (Not compatible with DPC practices)
- Bridgespan – (800) 750-0907 (no longer available at Your Health Idaho; only purchasable on the Bridgespan website)
- Pacific Source – (855) 333-1559
- Regence of Idaho – (888) 232-5763 (no longer available for subsidy consideration)
- Mountain Co-op – (855) 447-2900
- Select Health – (800) 538-5038
Health Sharing Ministries – These are largely faith based programs that share medical costs among their members. A viable health sharing ministry is recognized by the IRS as a Non Profit Organization (NPO) and is exempt from the requirements of the Affordable Healthcare Act. Furthermore, those who opt for a health sharing program are also exempt from paying the annual fee for not having insurance. The requirements for joining these programs varies between organizations. You can find out more about these requirements on each organization’s respective website.
- Altrua Healthshare – (888) 244-3839
- Christian Healthcare Ministries – (800) 791-6225
- CMF CURO – (800) 840-7471
- Liberty Healthshare – (855) 585-4237
- Liberty Healthshare’s variant program, Liberty Direct – (888) 991-4885
- Medical Cost Sharing – (866) 826-5316
- Medishare – (800) 772-5689
- Samaritan Ministries – (877) 764-2426
If you have any questions, we would be happy to help in any way that we can. Feel free to contact our office by phone at 208-772-5204, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.